What are the Issues?
Modern schools are incredibly busy places with relentless pressures to increase standards.
In amongst all of this, the health and wellbeing of UK primary school children is on the decline.
- Physical activity levels amongst UK primary-aged children are falling from as early as 7-years of age
- Only 10% of children achieve the daily recommendations for physical activity
- Increasing numbers of children in the UK are leaving school classified as obese or overweight
Traditional approaches towards improving health outcomes for children focus heavily upon Sport & PE during segmented periods of the school day. But does this engage all children in becoming more active? Or does it merely maintain the levels of those that are active already?
How can we Support School Leaders?
Working with teachers, we focus on the principles of Physically Active Learning (PAL). Research in this field has found that PAL can:
- Improve classroom behaviour and activity engagement
- Significantly reduce sedentary periods of time
- Offer aggregated improvement in academic performance over time
School Leaders will understand:
- how to integrate PAL approaches into teaching and learning across your school
- fresh perspectives on how to maximise the impact of PE & Sports Premium funding to impact ALL children’s physical activity levels EVERY DAY
What are School Leaders Saying?
“He’s really excited me with the physical activity and learning aspect. Thought his enthusiasm was infectious.”
What Options are Available?
There are different approaches and formats available. We can work with individual schools or groups of schools. We can create bespoke packages of support – working with middle leaders or senior leaders. A popular model is our Three Day Triangle Training package.
We can lead whole staff CPD sessions – whether they be 1 hour, 2 hour twilights, half or full days or even a series of days across the school year.
To check availability, just reach out.