We are really excited to collaborate with Twinkl. Why? They are:
- THE ‘go to’ resource for so many teachers
- Disruptors and innovators in education
- An awesome team of individuals – who are passionate about what they do
Why Work & Play With Twinkl?
Twinkl was created to ‘help those who teach’ and transform lives through education.
As we said, the Twinkl team are true innovators. They’re always seeking solutions and ways to do things better to help teachers and learners alike.
Like us, they are really concerned about the issues caused by increasingly sedentary lifestyles. This includes how:
- Physical activity levels amongst UK primary-aged children are falling from as early as 7-years of age
- Only 10% of children achieve the daily recommendations for physical activity
- Increasing numbers of children in the UK are leaving school classified as obese or overweight
Twinkl has also looked at research that demonstrates that Physically Active Learning (PAL) can:
- Improve classroom behaviour and activity engagement
- Significantly reduce sedentary periods of time
- Offer aggregated improvement in academic performance over time
We know that together with Twinkl we can make a real difference by blending research with practice and supporting schools with ‘move and learn’ approaches.
Supporting Schools Together
Collectively, we can help school leaders integrate PAL approaches into teaching and learning across their schools. Move & Learn can also offer fresh perspectives on how to maximise the impact of PE & Sports Premium funding to impact ALL children’s physical activity levels EVERY DAY.
- Help teachers explore approaches, resources and strategies for organically integrating physical activity within the classroom environment and beyond
- Share new ways to enable children to sit less and move more, while fully engaging with their learning
- Create collaborative learning tools that organically support everyday high quality teaching and learning with physical activity as a bi-product
- Demonstrate ways to engage even the most reluctant of learners
- Empower teachers so they are confident and competent with delivering PAL approaches by delivering high quality, innovative Continuous Professional Development (CPD) packages
How Can You Find Out More?
It’s simple – head to our new web-based platform to discover new ways to get your children moving and learning
We’ve created this in collaboration with Twinkl to provide:
- Awesome online training
- Updates on the latest research and how it impacts on practice
- Links between practitioners and partners that provide high quality teaching and learning approaches/resources in PAL